LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to lab view Vi will not work inless you reinitializeing to default

Ok so what happen is i put in the info i want run the vi it works. now i try to change it to a different info and the old values are still there and i haft to reinitialize to default to make it work. I need to beable to change stuff with rinitialize to defaults.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,142 Views)

I don't understand the problem.  I ran your vi and it runs regardless of control values.  I see no reason to require reinitialize to defaults.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,124 Views)

like i run the vi with 5 in the in out and get 5 in the return, then if i run it as 6 in the input the 5 stays in the return

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,121 Views)

That doesn't happen for me.  Enter 5, run, returns 5

Enter 6, run, returns 6.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,098 Views)

You have a whole bunch of controls on your front panel. What are the values that you use when you see this behaviour?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,096 Views)

You have some Rubes in there.  Instead of checking if something is greater than zero  (which by the way has a single input >0 primitive, you don't need to compare to the constant zero) and checking if if the value is less than 6, then ANDing the results together, just use the In Range and Coerce function!

Further cleanup beyond that may be possible, but I didn't want to figure out your logic and more than that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,079 Views)