LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Era Syringe Pump

We have a New Era brand syringe pump, and I was wondering if anyone had written any LabView programs to control the wee beastie. These pumps are also sold by a number of other companies (e.g. brain tree scientific), so I'm sure someone out there has one. The pump is controlled over RS232, so it wouldn't be too hard to write something, but I thought I'd see if anyone else had something out there. No reason to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks,

Doug
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,009 Views)
Hi Doug,

If noone posts anything else, you could use the VISA Driver Development Wizard to create the driver for your New Era pump. Like you said, if someone else already has the driver done that will be the best way. If noone posts one, the VISA DDW will save you a little time in creating your own.

-Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,985 Views)

Hello all,

I noticed that this is an older post, but I'm looking for the same thing so I'll share what I found so far.  After a call to the redistributor (WPI), I learned that there is a commercial program called Syringepump Pro (www.syringepumppro.com), but I haven't tried it out yet.  Also, there are a couple of LabVIEW examples for controlling syringe pumps out there - one for the Harvard Aparatus 22 pump, and one or two others that are less developed.

If anybody knows of LabVIEW modules to control New Era Aladdin pumps I'd love to hear it!

Cheers,

Brian 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,542 Views)
Hey I have been working on a similar program, and have gotten my Kent pumps to work over RS232. I think you can access my old threads by clicking on my username?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,539 Views)

Hi

I am the owner of SyringePumpPro.

Thanks for placing a link to my site.  However, the link doesnt work.  I need to fix that - it's on my todo list (at the top).  In the mean time you can use the link http://syringepumppro.com.

thanks

timb

Message 5 of 7
(4,504 Views)

SyringePumpPro wrote:

Hi

I am the owner of SyringePumpPro.

Thanks for placing a link to my site.  However, the link doesnt work.  I need to fix that - it's on my todo list (at the top).  In the mean time you can use the link http://syringepumppro.com.

thanks

timb

Tim- nice! its great to see a software ceo trolling the forum!  congrats on the business-  Now about a LabVIEW driver for the syringe?  Got any?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,457 Views)

Thanks for your congrats, Jeff

I'm lurking to see if I should be making a driver - oh and I am doing a job with a USB6211 - that requires occasional forum visits.Smiley Happy 

Is a Labview  driver in the works here? - no - not at the moment - but it is on the list of things to do here. Like all companies it's about the market. From watching these forums on and off for the last 3-4 months I know that a few folks would like a driver....If I knew a lot of folks were itching for one - then I would re-prioritise my to do list.

To all those folks who search these forums looking for a Labview New Era Syringe Pump driver:

• If you really would like a driver, send me an email support@syringepumppro.com and let me know - if the emails stack up then you never know what will happen next.
  • Keep your eyes on http://syringepumppro.com I will make annoucements on the blog there. You will need to create an account on the site to read the blog.
  • If you have ideas or features you'd like to see - by all means send an email - I like the communication.

timb

support@syringepumppro.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,444 Views)