LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network variables hang subvi

I have a GUI with several subvis.

I am using an LV project (LV 8.2).

One of the subvis is used to construct a GPS string and hand it over to a RT (cFP-2120) deployed serial write vi using network variables.

If I run the subvi standalone from the project with the RT deployed vi all works perfectly.

If I open the GUI from the project, it also opens the GPS subvi now.
When I run the GUI it apparently tries to run the subvi and the subvi's front becomes a blank white window with only the subvi title bar showing.
It hangs in this postion and never gets any further.

Before I implemented the network variables for the serial write, the subvi did not open on GUI launch.
Further, the two are designed such that pressing a button on the GUI would open up the subvi as a dialog.  Once the stop button on the subvi is clicked it would close down.  This is how it used to work before I implemented the network variables.  Now the GUI won't even run.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,983 Views)

Just to check, I removed the shared variables from the VI.

Without them, the GUI starts right up and works fine with no delays.

Of course, I cannot send data to the deployed serial write vi on the RT to send a message out on the serial port of the cFP-2120 controller without them.

So now that I'm convinced its the variables at fault, where do I start to troubleshoot?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,963 Views)

The variable library is deployed on both the local host and the remote.

Variable manager is able to see them and veiw the data within them.

The variables on the remote are bound to the variables on the local host.

The main VI still hangs up when I run the GPS message simulator as a subvi.

GPS message simulator still works fine as standalone.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,957 Views)
Hi Wes_OH,

Could you please let me know if you get any error codes when you run the code in highlight execution mode? Thanks!

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,930 Views)

I don't get anything when running in highlight modem, just a blank white window.

I let the original run last night while I went home.  It finally had come up and was running this morning.

After days of working with bindings, etc I finally started hacking off sections of my main VI today.  It eventually started working.

I apparently have too much baggage or a conflict on the main vi structure. 

I'm dealing with nearly 40 indicators/controls used to monitor or modify simulation values for an avionics simulator.

Clearly I'm not being effecient in memory management.

I do have multiple while loops monitoring and sending data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,924 Views)