LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network stream using 64-bit and 32-bit VIs on same computer

I have a project where I'm forced to use a VI written in 32-bit LV2012 (because I need mathscript, which isn't supported in 64-bit) to communicate via network streams with a VI written in 64-bit LV2012 (they only version I can use an externally written 64-bit toolkit for my camera communication) on the same PC.

I need a network stream target to run on the 32-bit VI, and a host to run on 64-bit VI.

It kept not working, and finally I checked using the example host.vi and target.vi, and discovered if I open both in either 32-bit or 64-bit, they work, but if I open one in 32-bit and the other in 64-bit it won't connect, giving error -314100 (specified endpoint doesn't exist).

So question: is there any inherent reason this happens, since both 64-bit and 32-bit should support Network Streams? My first obvious alternative would be rewriting the mathscript code in native LV so i can all be on 64-bit VI's, but it's quite big (based on old, proven Matlab script) and that would be a significant effort I don't have time for now.

The reason I'm using net streams is that I also get data from 2x other networked PC's at the same time. Is there an alternative to network streams that can communicate data over a network in real(ish)-time?

Cheers

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,620 Views)

I just tested this and was able to get it to work.  Were you running both reader and writer applications on the same computer?  If so, I suspect you might be running into context naming issues with multiple application instances running on the same computer.  See this link for more info how to specify a context in the URL.  I suspect you might find it easier to create your own test VI for this rather than modify the shipping examples.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,517 Views)

I encounter the same problem:
Error -314350 occurred at Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint in 64bit_app.vi
Trying to connect a stream between a 32 and a 64 bit application on the same computer.
The attempts is to connect a queue to/from a 64 bit driver from a 32 bit application environment.
Before I start building something from scratch using TCP/IP : is there someone who actually got this working? (crossing the 32 / 64 bit gap)

Using LabVIEW 2020

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,351 Views)