LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network stream error -314220 endpoind destroyed after few hours of tests

Hello

I use network stream to send DATA( 50channels ) from PXI  to PC, the communication is OK but after few hours (5 - 10) of test i have this error in PXI

Error -314220 occurred at Write Single Element to Stream in RT_PAS_STREAM_Loop.vi:3130001->RT_PAS_Dyn_P0.vi -  - Possible reason(s): - LabVIEW:  The remote endpoint has been destroyed.

so if anyone has a suggestion. I would be glad to hear it

thinks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,380 Views)

So many questions.

• Are you showing us the Stream code for the Host or the Remote?  [I'm guessing it's the Remote ...].
  • I presume this is not the VI RT_PAS_STREAM_Loop or its caller, RT_PAS_Dyn_P0, which would also be useful to see.  Note that you can compress the Folder holding the entire RT Project and attach the resulting ZIP file ...
  • A guess is that some routine that is calling the Streaming VI might generate an Error and pass it into the Stream (but then you should see the error at some other location, which you do ...).  If you are in "serious Debugging mode", you can write a sub-VI called "Log Errors" that you put as the first VI in (all of) your sub-VI to look for Errors on Error In and if they are found, write them to a (local) Log File.  Can be really useful to trace Origin of subtle bugs.  It's especially useful in multi-loop multi-Processor (e.g. RT) routines.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,356 Views)

Hello BOB

PXI.JPG is the code for the Remote

IHM.IPG is the code for HOST

I can't attach the project is confidentiel & contains a lotoff vis

the application turn well but after few hours i have this errors

thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,349 Views)

Sorrry, I can't edit/inspect/modify/test pictures, only VIs.  I'm getting tired of harping on this ...  PLEASE ATTACH VIs.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,341 Views)

Hello RchB

I did some research about your error and I found some ideas you can test.

First of all, it could be a problem due to the network but it's strange because your application works more than 5 hours.

What you can do is increase the timeout of the "Write Stream VI" because the error occurs just after its wrong execution (try 5 seconds).

You can also create a state machine to control the loss of the connection. In the case you lose the connection or if you have an error, you can try to reconnect your network. After two or three attempts and fails (if it's impossible to reconnect your PXI to your PC or if you still have an error), you can destroy your "Destroy Stream VI".

Benjamin C

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,311 Views)

Hello BenjiC,

thanks for your answer.

that what i did I increase the time out (-1) and i lunched the test Friday night but the test has stop sunday afternoun

4/8/18- 10:55:40 AM : L'erreur -314220 s'est produite à : Write Single Element to Stream : - LabVIEW:  The remote endpoint has been destroyed.

i have the same error.

today i try the second solution: reconnect if i have an error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,309 Views)

I'm curious if you ever found a solution to this as I'm running into the same problem.  Please advice if possible.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(874 Views)

If you are having "the same problem" as one last discussed several years ago, I recommend that you start a new Post and, unlike the original Poster of this message, you include the LabVIEW code (not pictures, but actual code) so we can understand what you are trying to do.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(857 Views)