From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network shared variables with real time host

Hi to all.
I have a question about comunication wia network shared variables betwin main VI on a computer and RT-Host.vi on cRIO target. Can I use complex type of variable based on a control?
Like this control:

Безымянный.png

I don't understand why my RT-host.vi not run at sturtup. It deploys and starts from project and dosen't have any errors.

I deploed all shared variables, deploed the build, push the "run at startup" option and done all steps like shown at this link.

RT-HOST.VI view like that:

Безымянный.png

Безымянный.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,094 Views)

Hi 0Forest0,

You can create a network published shared variable that refers to a custom control. When you're creating the variable, you scroll to the bottom and choose From Custom Control... as shown in the screenshot. This will prompt you for a .ctl file, where your control should be saved. Then you can use this variable with a custom datatype.

Also, in order for your program to run at startup, you need to build the program by right clicking the build specification and selecting Build. You won't get an interactive front panel in this situation, because it's running as a real-time executable on the target. All you will get is any data you're sending back to a host VI.

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,008 Views)

My apologies, here is the screenshot:

custom control.png

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos