From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connection problems after installing NI-DAQmx

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.  I installed LabView and it went fine, then installed NI-DAWmx version 8.9.5 from the DVD.  After it installed I restarted.  When my computer booted back up my computer would no longer identify with the network. Looking at my network settings, my local area connection 2 was now being listed as a connection for both networks that I'm connected to.  I tried everything to resolve this.  I tried disconnecting one network, switching NIC ports, re registering my MAC, ect. I ended up doing a system restore reverting the install of NI-DAQmx but leaving LabView.  After this my network connections functioned normally again.  So I then downloaded version 9.0.2 from NI and installed it.  Just finished doing so, and now my network is back to having the same issue.  I don't understand how the NI-DAWmx software relates to the network problems, but it is the only thing that has changed between it working and not.  Als, I saw in the database about an issue with an Apple product which was fixed by using the command "route delete 0.0.0.0".  I tried this anyway with no luck even though I don't have any Apple software installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,239 Views)

Hi TooFastForYa,

It sounds like you have found the following KnowledgeBase:

Internet Connection Lost When Installing DAQmx

The KnowledgeBase links to Microsoft's support site--it is a specific issue that we have seen when computers running Apple's Bonjour can create a default gateway of 0.0.0.0.

It sounds like your problem might be slightly different, but I am not sure what might be happening.  Can you check your Local Area Network Connections settings before and after the install?  You can do this from the command prompt with the command "ipconfig /all".  The Bonjour issue would result in an IP Config that looks something like this:

2010-02-05_130329.png

Hence, "route delete 0.0.0.0" would remove the unwanted default gateway of 0.0.0.0.  Hopefully the exact behavior you are seeing will be more clear after taking a look at the ipconfig.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 2 of 3
(3,210 Views)

Also, I would try disabling the"National Instruments mDNS Responder Service" (from services.msc😞

2010-02-05_132354.png

You should reboot after doing this.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,200 Views)