Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netscanner 9116+LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
I'm new in this forum.
I would like to say hello to all.
In this time I'm  working on engineering thesis.
I'm from Poland but this semester I'm studing in Germany.
My topic of Bachelor Thesis is measurment pressure,temperature,flow in gas turbine.
I'm working with LabVIEW 2009 and with NetScanner Model 9116 (isn't to much information about this in Network).I've no idea how can I connect this measurment pressure in LabVIEW with Netscanner 9116?I've a connection with ethernet between 
my computer and Netscanner via  Esterline Model 9IFC.
Excuse me for a mistakes.

Kind regards,Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,998 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wuja

Tom,

Actually, thanks to Pressure Systems doing the leg work, controlling and reading data from Netscanners into LabVIEW is very easy.  First, download the LabVIEW drivers from their website:

http://www.pressuresystems.com/Portals/11/SoftwareFirmware/NetScanner/netlab.zip

Once you've extracted the .exe, run it and save the files to a directory you can access easily.  Then extract the PSI9016.llb from the file 'newlvvis.zip'.

Then you can write a very simple application to initialize, rezero, and read from the modules, much the same as you would do buffered acquisition with NI DAQ boards.  One thing I've learned from using these VIs over the years - don't directly wire the TCP address out from the initialize routine directly in to the subsequent VIs.  Instead, create an indicator of the address, then use Local Variables reads to send the address into the Rezero, Read, and Close VIs.  Finally, the Rezero routine assumes that you have a 100-120 PSIg dry gas (air or nitrogen) connected to the 'SUPPLY' port on the Netscanner.  This allows a pressure-activated solenoid to actuate which puts equal pressure on both sides of the diaphragms of all the transducers.  Skipping this step can lead to offset data!

Good Luck,

Jim

Message 2 of 15
(5,984 Views)

Hello,
thanks for your kindly reply.
I've already these drivers.
I'm starting with work:)
Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards,Tom
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,971 Views)

Can you please send vi file how to use this source library function like NI DAQassistant

thanks for advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,781 Views)

Can you please example vi file how to use this Netscanner 9116 labview vi files similar like NI DAQassistant

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,779 Views)

Hi Mic,

as PressureSystems isn't related to NI you will get no support for their products directly through DAQAssistent (or MAX or DAQmx or...).

You have to use the library of functions as supplied by PS by calling them as simple subVIs! And read the (context) help for those functions...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,770 Views)

Hi,

here you've simply application for a Pressure Systems devices.

Kind regards,Tom
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,747 Views)

Thank you

But we are having Labview 7.1 can you please send me for LV 7.1 compatible

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,735 Views)

Hi,

here you've for 8.0

Kind regards,Tom
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,730 Views)

Hi Tom,

I am very sorry to ask again I dont have Lab view 8.0 also, If you can make it  in Labview 7.1 compatible will be great help to me further

Thanks in  advance

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,721 Views)