LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative

Hello,

I am making a project and I want to convert an image to its negative. But I don't know how to do that.

Can you help me, please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,307 Views)

There are many tools available for this, for instance Photoshop (costs $$) and Gimp (opensource, for free). They should be able to do this.

If i misunderstood the question (e.g. you are using LabVIEW), please let us know what you have already tried, what are possible toolsuites (like IMAQ) are you using.....

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,297 Views)

Yes, i am working with labview :). But the problem is that i have a student license so we don't have IMAQ and i have to make the program self.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,290 Views)

So what is the image format?

Do you use the picture functions to load them? Have you already investigated the result from those functions?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,284 Views)

Wait, I will ask my question again. The thing is that we must upload a picture in labview (that's working) but than must we form it in negative. And there is the problem. I don't know how to do that?

Btw thank you for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,277 Views)

This is definitely a lot easier if using IMAQ.  Without IMAQ, I think it is still possible using Picture to Pixmap, looping through the image data to do the inversion and then doing a Draw Flattened Pixmap.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,275 Views)

How do you do the inversion? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,272 Views)

"Negative" is not possible for unsigned integer (color information). But "inverting" it is very simple 😉

Hint: We are having arrays of BITS here

Norbert

Additional hint: The whole task requires a path input (file), five nodes, some wires and one picture indicator. This is true for JPG files.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,245 Views)

nonIMAQ inversion.png

Note that you must have a binary picture for this to work.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,239 Views)

And now the most stupid question. How do you make a binary picture of 1D array?

Excuse me for this question, and thank you! 🙂 🙂

In the image of you where do you find the rectangle of picture (image) and must we link our picture to do that. If it is that how must we do that? And the little picture image where can you find it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,236 Views)