LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to understand the labview classes

Hi,

Please help me out to understand labview generic classes(pls see the attached pic).

For example Generic,Project,Projectitem, Scene, variable .As per my understanding these are classes.is there any way i can see the source code for these classes. how can i understand the hierarchy for  these classes.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,188 Views)

Nope, no code you can see for those classes.  However, the context menu already shows the hierarchy.  You can also look in the LabVIEW help and search for VI Server Class Hierarchy and you will get an article showing it.  Here is an online version: VI Server Class Hierarchy

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,183 Views)

Something else that might help... if you're using one of those classes and you're using a property node, the selection list for the property node is ordered by the properties of the top-most class first, then the second class next, and so on, each divided by a line separator.  For instance, if you're looking at a Boolean control (which is a Generic->GObject->Control->Boolean), the list of properties will be divided into 4 sections, with the 4 properties of Generics first, and then a separator, and so on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,143 Views)