cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need non-real time version of STM Distributed Clients.lvproj example

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking at the STM Distributed Clients.lvproj example. However, I do not have access to a real time system, so I cannot see the cRIO Controller 1 and cRIO Controller 2 items. If I understand it correctly, the Host Receiver.vi is the server application, so the cRIO controllers must be the clients. Specifically, I am looking for the loop that sends UDP messages to the Host Receiver.vi, which is waiting for UDP messages from new systems coming online.

I noticed that the UDP loop in the Host Receiver.vi corresponds to the Listen and Acknowledge Commands.vi in the STM Broadcast Messaging.lvproj. I assume that the Broadcast Commands.vi contains the UDP code that is used in the cRIO controllers, but I cannot guess from that example what is actually being sent back and forth in the STM Distributed clients.lvproj example.

I would appreciate, if somebody would kindly either convert one of the cRIO controllers into a version that runs on a windows system or just send me a copy of the UDP loop that is in there. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,025 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbuerki

Could you provide a link to the project to which you're referring?

You can open the Real-Time VIs without the RT toolkit, you just can't open them directly from the RT target in the project. Opening them from within the operating system (ie, double-clicking on the file) or opening them from the File->Open menu in LabVIEW will work fine. Also, switching to the Files view in the LabVIEW Project might allow you to see them (I'm just guessing but it's worth a try).

Message 2 of 4
(3,006 Views)

All right, I'm willing to help but , you must give me an example finder serach parameter I can use.. and wait til I'm at home.Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,000 Views)

Hello Nathand. Thank you for your reply. This was helpful.

I was unable to find or open the file from the project or the files view, but opening it from within windows worked fine. I found and was able to open the file target Sender.vi.

In case somebody is interested, here is the complete link: \\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\STM\Distributed Clients\Target Sender.vi.

I downloaded the STM library from here: http://www.ni.com/example/27739/en/

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

Peter

Message 4 of 4
(2,972 Views)