LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help solving Error 3005 using activex server and automation open.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use a master vi to call a slave vi by using the activex server option. The steps i have taken are:

1. In the slave vi, go to advanced tab in build options and check enable activex server.

2. After building the .exe go to the command prompt and type the path to the .exe followed by /RegServer. Ex: C:\slavevi\applicatoin.exe /RegServer. This will add it to the activex plugin list.

2.a restart labview if it was open.

3. In the master vi use automation open, create a constant for the automation refnum and right click it. Select browse. Browse to the name you chose in the enable activex server field from step 1. Choose “show creatable objects only” and pick the _application one.

4. use an invoke node and connect automation open to it. Choose getVIReference. This will drill down to the actual vi you want to control.

5. The path will be the install path + the vi name. Ex: \slavevi.exe\mainviname.vi.

These steps actually worked on the machine that I built the vis on but if I build the exes and transfer them to another computer I get error 3005 when it tries to open the slave.exe program. In each instance the master and slave vis are both local (not trying to go through a network or anything). I have registered the slave.exe and .tlb file on the new computer, rebooted etc and nothing seems to work. I also tried running the master vi as source code but that didn't work.

The master vi was originally built in labview 7.1 and the slave is built in LV 9.01 but I have since upgraded the master vi to 9.01 to try and resolve the problem.

Is there something that happens during a build that needs to be replicated on the new computer?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,989 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mattvx
Message 2 of 12
(3,974 Views)

Hmm interesting; I had not seen that article. I wonder if that also applies to LV 7.1? I don't think the vi that has the automation open has ever been edited in 8.5 but I'll give the mass compile a shot anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,962 Views)

Nice, it worked!

I deleted the automation open part of the code from the main vi,

Mass compiled in LV 2009 sp1,

Rebuilt the automation open part from scratch,

Mass compiled again in 2009sp1 just to be sure.

Some of those steps may be redundant but after I did that it worked on the other computer. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,959 Views)

Glad it worked!!!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,947 Views)

Help needed ..

am also getting this error 3005 in automation open in LV.

i am trying to design a GPS software by integrating Google Earth Application in LV. i am successful in that. but when i am trying to use its properties like drawing a pilygon or point at particular longitude and latitude am getting error.

I read that mass complie thing was for older LV versions.

am using LV2009.

Attached is the part of code thats creating trouble.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,759 Views)

Hi KM3.

Did you read and/or try the suggestions in the document linked in the second post?  I understand you are using a later version but the OP suggested that it fixed his problem in LabVIEW 2009.  If you have tried all of these suggestions, please let us know what exactly the results were. 

Regards,

Michael G

Michael G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Self-realization: I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,743 Views)

i made the VI from scratch .. and now its not giving this error in automation open. but now its giving Error -2147467259 in property node of GEPlugin.

Cant figure out the reason why its happening. the node have just one string input and that is of id of GEPlugin ( like id of polygon or point or line)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,739 Views)

Hi again KM3.

While the error you mentioned can mean a wide range of things depending on the situation, my guess here is that the ID specified is not one that is valid according to the property node.  Where exactly are you getting this ID?  Where is it specified?

Michael G

Michael G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Self-realization: I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,721 Views)

here is the whole story..

I integrated google earth application in labview, and its working fine. then i wanted to draw lines and draw polygon on the map at required long/lat .. so from "GEPlugin type library version 1.0" i selected "GEPlugin.IGEPlugin" as an activeX class. now properties from GEPlugin.IGEPlugin are working fine.. but methods are not.. and all methods are giving errors.. i guess i am selecting the wrong library :s

i am using Google Earth version 6.0.1.2032 (beta)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,714 Views)