LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help regarding string conversion

Hello I am reading a data from my flow controller and I am getting data and also some square characters. Do I need any conversion here. I am attaching my picture and reference vi here.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,255 Views)

What is the reference of your flow controller ? Its datasheet surely explains how to decode the answer...

Message 2 of 9
(1,232 Views)

Right click on that control and select “Display \ codes”, that square character likely will simply turn inti a \r possibly followed by a \n. These are the lin end characters that your device sends at the end to help the receiver recognize that the whole message has been received.

It simply seems to report 100 and then a B that probably indicates a status or similar. The two reported parameters are separated by a comma.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 9
(1,229 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

Right click on that control and select “Display \ codes”, that square character likely will simply turn inti a \r possibly followed by a \n. These are the lin end characters that your device sends at the end to help the receiver recognize that the whole message has been received.

It simply seems to report 100 and then a B that probably indicates a status or similar. The two reported parameters are separated by a comma.

I think that both CR and LF are printable as... well... carriage return and linefeed, so they wouldn't show up as oddball characters.  But I'm sure you are right that they are some kind of byte that signals the end of the message.  Since it's serial it might even be EOT (End of Transmission).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 9
(1,204 Views)

I'm attaching the manual here. Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,120 Views)

Hello doc,

did you read this already?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Complete-String-Conversion-Tutorial/m-p/4245188

Greets, Dave
Message 6 of 9
(1,072 Views)

Thanks @Dave TW that was really helpful. Also, I think my problem is different I have commands RFS (Reads full scale value of my MFC), RFC (Reads current flow setting), AFC (For adjusting flow setting), I am attaching Pictures of my output here. Currently the problem is if I use AFC command to set value. It's not working. If it works my RFC should change after I set different value using AFC Command. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,022 Views)

Please right-click on your string indicator and select "\ Codes Display". Then make the Screenshots again.

Backslash Code Display.png

Greets, Dave
Message 8 of 9
(1,001 Views)

Here are the pictures as you asked. Thank you for your response.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(955 Views)