LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help making a 2D array from a case structure.

I have the structure as seen in the attached image. I'm trying to go through several tests in sequence and generate a table that has the following information: Section, Description, Min, Measured, Max, UOM, and Status. Measured and Status will be filled in by the actual Test VI, but I want all that uploaded to a table on the front panel.

I was originally trying to read it all in from a file but I was afraid that would slow the program down so I went to straight hard coding but now I have the problem with putting a 1D array into a 2D table. I was trying to read the file in with OpenG but I had to read from the file every time I wanted to do a test if anyone knows how I can fix that it would be greatly appreciated I may not use it but it would be good to know how to do it for future reference.

I also would like to know how I can turn a boolean to a string, and a number.

Thanks in advance for your input.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,175 Views)
You really need to spend some time with a LabVIEW tutorial. To append a 1D array you only need a Build Array function with a shift register.

Your other question about a Boolean makes no sense.
Message 2 of 4
(2,170 Views)

Well the shift register worked so thanks for that, as for the clarification on the other side of my question its as follows: I'm using the "In Range and Coerce Function" and it returns a number and a true false, I want to be able to put the coerced output into the measured column and the true false into the status column preferable as a pass or fail statement. In order to do that I need to turn them into strings or build them into the array as is, and I don't know how to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,160 Views)
Look at the string conversion functions such as format into string for converting the numeric.

You could wire the Boolean into the select function and have two different strings as the other inputs.

Please take a tutorial. These are very basic questions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,150 Views)