From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in excel and led

This has already been done using Labview-only techniques. If you can afford to enter the password/username data into a table in Labview instead of an excel spreadsheet, the Labview Basic II Course Manual can help you. It's all in exercise 1.2 'Verify Information VI' on page 1.17 onwards.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(660 Views)

....and the second part of the exercise linking to the password/username database is found in exercise 3.1 'Login VI' on page 3.9 in the same book.

If you don't already have these manuals, they are available as e-books online if you have a browse.

Regards,

Kevin 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(654 Views)

Thanks for the references. I tried, but still i cant link the spreadsheet to the led.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(640 Views)

Those references are as basic as Labview gets really, it's all written in Lehmann's terms so I'd suggest you work through those 2 exercises fully for your best chance of success.

The LED will connect to the green output terminal labelled 'Access Granted' on the teal-coloured 'verify info' block in the second VI. This LED will light upon entering a valid username/password combination into the front panel text boxes.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(635 Views)

ok, i will try. Thanks alot for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(624 Views)

No problem at all. Hopefully that should sort out your enquiry. I personally use these 2 VI's (well, an adaption of such) for password protection for VI's that I develop and they work really well. If you need to add extra entries or users, just update your database in the first VI with the data required and hey presto, couldn't be simpler really....

These 2 VI's will only take you about 30mins or so to work through, even for the novice that I was at the time.

If you've any other queries or if you get stuck, just ask.

Regards,

Kevin

(Kudos more than welcome 😉 )

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(621 Views)