From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help designing LED control system using speed sensor.

I am a college student who only learned NI LabVIEW fundamentals.

I'm trying to code the control system now, but it's too hard to learn the basics.

Can anyone help me with coding?

Here is the content.

Plan 1) When the velocity sensor value entering the labview is less than 30km/h, the green LED turns on steadily,

When speed sensor speed value is 30 ~ 50km/h, yellow LED flashes every 3 seconds, LED off time 0.5 second

Speed ​​sensor When the speed value is over 50km/h, red LED, flicker at 1 second interval, LED off time 0.5 second

Plan 2) Plan 1 has the same purpose, but we plan to connect the power supply to supply the LEDs with the power supply in the middle.

Therefore, when the speed value is 30 km / h or less, the power supply 1 ON, (power 2.3 OFF)

When speed value is 30 ~ 50km / h, power supply 2 ON, (power 1, 3 off)

When speed value exceeds 50 km / h, power supply 3 ON, (power 1, 2 off)

I would appreciate your help.

The sensor will use a Doppler sensor.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,850 Views)

Re Plan 1)

• You can change the fill colour for some types of boolean using the Property Node
  • Use something like a case structure with ranges to determine the appropriate action

Re Plan 2)

• Coding depends on the power supply
  • Should be simple provided you have a manual with appropriate detail on the interface

Re Doppler Sensor:

• Did you already get data from the sensor?
  • Do you know how you plan to wire everything?
  • Do you anticipate problems here?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,835 Views)

@25amk wrote:

I am a college student who only learned NI LabVIEW fundamentals.

I'm trying to code the control system now, but it's too hard to learn the basics.

Can anyone help me with coding?

I don't know what LabVIEW "fundamentals" you learned, but it sounds like you need to learn some more.  If it is "too hard to learn the basics", you should drop the course.  If you submit your code and it doesn't work, we can suggest how you can fix it.  If you really need "help with coding", ask your fellow students or your instructor.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,809 Views)

Do you have mutiple LEDs, or a single LED that should change color? (Even blinking is just an alternating color change, right?)

What kind of data does the speed sensor contain?

How are the power supplies connected to the hardware?

What is your code architecture?

As a first step work out the logic using simple simulation (A slider control to simulate speed, One LED for each power supply to indicate On/Off, a set of colored LEDs (or a colorbox made to look like an LED) to display the state). Once you have something, show it to use for feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,807 Views)