LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need code to communicate with Kodka ES camera

I have a Kodak (Roper) ES 1.0 camera.  I have IMAQ for LV 6 and using a PCI 1408 framegrabber.  I opened up Labview, and used the example as shown on the Kodak manual I found off NI.  Nothing works.  I pull open MAX and I don't see a PCI 1408 card that is installed on the PC (BTW, this is a Windows NT machine).  I thought it would reconginize the card and install like it has for later versions of MAX so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.  What I need is to get the attributes on the camera using the serial port and possibly set the attributes if needed.  Is there something else needed in order to install the PCI 1408 card so MAX will find it and I can use it on LV 6?

Thanks,

guilio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,483 Views)

Hi Guilio,

It looks like you're using some old stuff! 🙂 What version of IMAQ are you using? Does it appear in MAX as installed? If so, you want to make sure you do installations in the following order: LabVIEW, IMAQ driver, insert PCI card. Make sure the driver is installed and showing under "Software" in MAX before you insert the PCI card in there. Of course, you want to insert the PCI card in the machine when the machine is off.

In addition, do you know if your PCI card is appearing in Windows Device Manager?

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,464 Views)

Yes, it is very old stuff and I get the pleasure to work with it instead of our new 2011 software and new framegrabber...

IMAQ is 2.6 and it does show up under MAX 3.0 under software.

As for if the PCI card appears in device manger...unfortunately I'm using NT... however, there were 3rd party software that when you execute it, it does show video.  The problem I'm having is it shows up under the 3rd party software, but when I use the IMAQ VIs, it doesn't read or do anything and I think it's because it's now showing up under MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,458 Views)

Like you say, it definitely needs to show up in MAX for it to be use in LabVIEW. Where in MAX are you looking for the camera? Can you post a screenshot of your MAX window? You do need to make sure you adhered to the order of installation for the software and hardware. 

Ravi A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,444 Views)

I'll try and reinstall the drivers and insert the card.  Are the drivers all on the NI IMAQ drivers or is there different drivers that I need to install that are just for the PCI 1908?  If the NI IMAQ drivers work, could I just pull out the card, start the computer and put it back in?  Also, will the card work with LV 11 on a windows 7 machine?

Thanks again...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,423 Views)

The IMAQ drivers should be all you need, and that's the way to do it.

The 1408 should work with LabVIEW 2011. Check these two KnowledgeBases out for more info.

Framegrabbers and IMAQ versions: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D02CC841CC37A9E386257479005D255D

IMAQ versions and LabVIEW: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B55FF09D1FBD3108625719600650B7C

Ravi A.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,418 Views)