LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance in making a Cursor or Marker in a Waveform Chart

Solved!
Go to solution

I cannot find a solution on how to make a Marker or Cursor in a waveform chart. I am recording 12 channels of data and would like to mark certain trigger times I would like to set up a control where the user can set it and another when something has been triggered. I cannot make a graph I know XY graphs have  cursors, I have tried several solutions on trying to plot my data on a chart but it doesn't work in real time, I need to mark my charts in real time. An example would be great. Please if anyone could help I would appreciate this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,270 Views)

I don't think you can have cursors on a chart, only on graphs. Maybe someone else here has some special trick for getting them on charts, and I'll try and think about it too, maybe I can come up with something. But what is the reason you can't just use a waveform graph?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,258 Views)

No I tried using a Waveform Graph and it just doesn't work for me. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,249 Views)

What about it didn't work? Maybe we can help you get it to work, as it seems like a simpler solution than to try to somehow make it work with a chart.

Message 4 of 7
(3,246 Views)

When I use a Chart it saves the data in real time and does not overwrite the chart in real time, The Graph is just a small portion of data that is being shown in real time. I'm having issues with the graph being read. It not displaying the data like a chart does even if change the settings or try adding buffers, I'm not sure what a solution would be to make the Graph behave the same as the Chart. 

On my Graph I measure 12 voltage channels for Y and my X is Actual computer time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nailer

Try this example and see if it does what you want.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 6 of 7
(3,228 Views)

I forgot about the XY chart buffer, this solved my problem I now have cursors available, Thanks all for the help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,218 Views)