From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a floating Cursor value in plot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all , 

i need a floating cursor value in the plot instead of showing in cursor legend .

For a sample , I have attached an image. 

Property node >?

Thanks in advance !! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,013 Views)

Hi bhuvanesh,

you can use an event structure to react on cursor move events.

In the event case you can read the cursor position (yes, property node) and set a new cursor label/text (yes, property node)…

I guess you already found the example VIs coming with LabVIEW, where the cursor handling in graphs is shown and explained!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,007 Views)

hi Gredw, 

i am new to this domain , can you show me an image of structure / or property node ? to do that ?

i will move the cursor anywhere in the Graph , and at a same time the user needs to see the Live /floating Cursor Value ? i go thru few blogs . they told to " Lock to plot "

where this option will be available ???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,000 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mrtechie

Whenever the cursor changes get x and y and put it in the cursor label.

(Yes, you can also get the new position fro the event terminal of a cursor move event, not shown).

CursorName.png

"Locked to plot" depends on what you want. If you only want the cursor on valid data points, lock it to the plot. If you want to be able to move the cursor anywhere, use a free cursor.

Message 4 of 5
(2,978 Views)

Here is a very simple draft. (LV 2015, using property node for x and y instead of event data node because the event case is shared with other events).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,973 Views)