LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Task Channel Properties

Hi,

I need to create and send TCP messages which contain channel properties such as name, units, measurement type, max value, and min value.  I want my input to be one or more DAQmx task names and get the properties of the channels associated with these tasks.  I am using the DAQmx Channel property node but I am getting an "Error 200658 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Channel (arg 1)".  Can someone tell me how I can iterate through the channels of a task and get their properties.  I have tried setting the "Active Channels" property inside a loop which is fed by the array provided by  the "Channels" property in DAQmx Task property node but I get the same error.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,787 Views)
Hello,

This is a good question for the Multifunction DAQ board - try there if you don't get hits here!

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,779 Views)
Ok. Thanks.

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,758 Views)
Hi Michael,

For the sake of neatness I just placed the NI-DAQmx task that I created in Measurement & Automation Explorer in as a constant.  You could use the NI-DAQmx VIs just as well to make your task.  I think the main issue was probably not going and picking an active channel as the first thing in your property node.  I hope this screen shot is clear on how you should go about getting these properties.  Let me know if you need further help with this issue.

Have a great day,

Michael D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,721 Views)
Thanks Michael :).

Your diagram cleared things up a lot.  I made the rookie mistake of wiring the number of  channels property to the "N" of the for loop.  I think this is was causing my error.

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)