LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need LabVIEW Help With PC Attached To Many Daq Products!

Hi,

I'm trying to help out a person in our Kansas office who Windows XP PC and LabVIEW (version 7.1 & 8.6 are both installed) which is also connected to a bunch of hardware devices.  They underwent an upgrade to the 8.6 some time ago and they have experienced nothing but problems since.  While I tried to launch the 7.1 version, they are still getting errors. Since I'm seeing this PC and hardware for the first time, if anyone has a baseline or starting configuration that I should try with the devices listed below, it would be much appreciated!

Here's a summary of what we have:

LabVIEW 7.1 & 8.6

DaqBook/2000A - Data Acquisition System

DBK43A - Strain Gage Module

DBK11A - Screw Terminal Card

DaqView

DaqView XL

This is used with a Beam Tester with which this is used to measure the applied load of the Beam Tester.

Since the person had no backup at all of their previously working system, I'm seeking any basic advice regarding configuration to try to get to a starting point that is at least going to minimally work for the person and then we can further try to enhance the configuration from there.

Thanks in advance,

SteveFerrero

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,090 Views)

Please be as specific as possible about the kinds of errors which are occurring.  Are they data acquisition errors? Are they data analysis errors? Are they errors when loading the programs?  We cannot help if we have to guess everything!

the first thing I would check is the DAQ drivers.  You did not list them in your summary.  Make sure they are appropriate for the LV versions and hardware installed.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,077 Views)