LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Set Cel

\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Set Cel  with a broken arrow

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,867 Views)

Can you give a few more details with your post?

Have you tried opening the VI giving an error and seeing what the broken run arrow says?

What version of Excel are you using?

Most of the those Excel VI's use activeX to communicate with Excel.  The problem is that Microsoft changes the ActiveX parts of MSOffice from one version to another.  This can cause any programs relying on those ActiveX components to break.  If you open that VI and look at the error, you'll probably find you need to relink the ActiveX nodes with the version of Excel you have on your PC and then resave the VI.

Message 2 of 10
(4,853 Views)

version of Excel is 2010, but i have this problem with Excel 2007, Excel 2003. This property also has a problem in old  versions of  labview  (8.6; 9; 10).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,838 Views)

You didn't answer the question about what the actual error is. Click on the broken run arrow. What is the error?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,825 Views)

Error text is

"One or more required inputs to this function are not wired or are wired incorrectly. Show the Context Help window to see what the connections to this function should be."

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,807 Views)

I just tried this with LabVIEW 2011, Office 2003, and the LabVIEW 2011 Report Generation Toolkit installed and the VI does not show as being broken. I don't have other versions of Office to try. Which version of the Report Generation Toolkit do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,798 Views)

I opened this vi on another computer, where labview and Report Generation Toolkit the same version, as on my computer (Labview 11), only office another, and the VI does not show as being broken.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,778 Views)

So that confirms it.  The different versions of Office are what is causing your problem.  What Office version is on the computer where the VI's don't break, and what version is on the ones that do?

One the ones that are broken, you are just going to need to track down the errors and replace the ActiveX nodes.  Sometimes it is a matter of just replacing the node with one that appears to be the same class.  It might mean replacing it with one that is almost the same class.  Sometimes MS will rename ActiveX nodes slightly, so AddGraph might become AddGraph2.  Sometimes between one version of ActiveX object and another, they'll add or take a way an input to the ActiveX function and that will need to be wired up.

Message 8 of 10
(4,772 Views)

i opened this invoke node and choose the same row, and now no broken run arrow. but i have one more row in invoke node.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,751 Views)

I also had this exact same problem after my IT department upgraded me from Office 2003 to Office 2010.  Reselecting the "BorderAround" Invoke method in "Excel Set Cell Color and Border.vi" solved the problem for me as well (as Manushak said, it added a "ThemeColor" row at the bottom of the VI, but I did not have to wire it).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,668 Views)