LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasty Tunnel behavior

Warning, The following actions were performed on a closed course by a professional LabVIEW Developer.  Do not try this at home.

Nasty Tunnel.PNG

Not exactly the behavior I would have chosen Smiley Wink I had hoped it was merely cosmetic.  So I tried this:

Nasty Tunnel2.PNG

And Error did not propagate A ctrl+u showed why

Nasty Tunnel3.PNG

another obscured SR Unitiallized!   That little cosmetic flub could really cause a largeish headache for a developer that does not show warnings by default in the error list.... Of course I doSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,309 Views)

I remember complaining about that stuff (or similar) during the 2012 beta.  I thought they had it fixed, but I guess there were some cases they missed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,302 Views)

If you run the VI analyzer on it does it report it as a hidden object? While not a true fix it would provide a way to find them.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,293 Views)

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

If you run the VI analyzer on it does it report it as a hidden object? While not a true fix it would provide a way to find them.

I would assume so... its in the error list as a hidden object warning.  I'm fairly sure the VI Analizer test keys off the compiler warning. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,287 Views)

This looks like it could be linked to the wiring through the label bug found by X. last month.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,267 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

This looks like it could be linked to the wiring through the label bug found by X. last month.

Lynn

Probably closely related by feature introduction.  You got to love new features! NI comes up with all these cool new toys and we promptly abuse them and break things. 

I imagine Yair might stop by and tell me the compiler really should break the code with that warning.  I'm beginning to make his point for him and none of those Kudos is mine (For now at least)

Message 6 of 6
(2,244 Views)