cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG 4.0 Release Notes and Manual?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have have just completed downloading the LabVIEW NXG 4.0 Package and cannot seem to find any release notes on updates that were made to this program WITH exception to the 4.0 Web Module changes/updates.

Does anyone have any news on this? Will we continue to use the 3.1 manual or will there be a released 4.0 manual?

Thanks!

"I am prepared to go anywhere, provided it be forward." - David Livingstone
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,861 Views)

http://stry.kr/2019/10/29/actoring-up-in-nxg/

You are not the only one to not find the release note... I'm still downloading 😮

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,825 Views)

Hmmm... Interesting.

Yes it took quite awhile for me to download (due to the astounding amount of network firewalls).
The only thing I can find is the changes and updates to the Web Module, which we heavily use.

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview-web-module/latest/manual/new-features-and-changes/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,815 Views)

Is LV NXG 4.0 even an official thing yet?  I thought it was still in beta?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,798 Views)

Not quite as good as the real release notes, but for presumably a limited time only, the roadmap shows the "Next Release" as the features that I believe were in 4.0.

cRIO is still in the not-near-future category 😞

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,791 Views)

I am not quite sure if it is beta or not...
Mostly just accessing the community to see if there was some information stating the differences of the 4.0 build from 3.1.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,777 Views)

@CMullinsEE wrote:

I am not quite sure if it is beta or not...
Mostly just accessing the community to see if there was some information stating the differences of the 4.0 build from 3.1.

Me, neither - I was just thinking that maybe that's why there aren't any release notes.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CMullinsEE

@billko wrote:

Is LV NXG 4.0 even an official thing yet?  I thought it was still in beta?

Yes, it is. 😃 

We are in the process of pushing everything live to the web.  NI Package Manager was a bit quicker than the other avenues so you're able to see it there.  The web documentation and the download page are following shortly.  Sorry for any confusion caused here.

Message 8 of 10
(2,750 Views)

Yes, it is. 😃 We are in the process of pushing everything live to the web.  NI Package Manager was a bit quicker than the other avenues so you're able to see it there.  The web documentation and the download page are following shortly.  Sorry for any confusion caused here.

Awesome!

Thank you for clearing this up!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,737 Views)
Message 10 of 10
(2,653 Views)