LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG 2.1 XY Graph Memory Limit

Hello DillonL,

I'm working on a web service application. The main issue occurs when I do a post request from my webclient (LV NXG 3.0) to my webserver (LV 2016).

From my client, I send two timestamps and my web server use them to form a sql query and then it take all the dataset that are found regarding the input date. 

I made some tests and find a limit data based on my application that I can request from my client without this behaviour.

If you need more details feel free to ask.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(945 Views)

Hi Granado_93,

Using LabVIEW NXG 3.0 and prior, the best way to avoid the memory limitation is to use some of the techniques discussed to reduce the overall memory usage of your application. One technique would be making smaller responses by requesting a subset of the data from the server or performing decimation on the data on the server before sending to the WebVI.

In LabVIEW NXG 3.1 beta we have changed the underlying technology of WebVIs to use the WebAssembly feature of modern browsers which lifts the strict memory limitation and allows the WebVI to allocate more memory as needed / available to the web browser. You can experiment with the LabVIEW NXG 3.1 beta at https://ni.com/techpreview.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(923 Views)

Hi MilanR,

So when using LabVIEW NXG 3.0 and prior we are not able to increase this 16 MB memory limit, is it right?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(910 Views)

Hi Granado_93,

Correct, there is not a supported method for increasing the memory limit of WebVIs using the currently released versions of LabVIEW NXG (LabVIEW NXG 3.0.X and prior). You can experiment with WebVIs that allow growable memory in the LabVIEW NXG 3.1 Technical Preview.

Milan
Message 14 of 15
(896 Views)

Hello MillanR,

Thanks for your help, I'll have a look in this new feature in LabVIEW NXG 3.1 in another application.

I'm using LabVIEW NXG 3.0.2.

I appreciate your help

regards

Message 15 of 15
(890 Views)