LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cRIO-9951 development kit

Does anybody have the NI cRIO-9951 development kit for developing a custom cRIO Module? it's seem not even NI have any idea of the content of the kit. If you have that kit, can you tell me what's included in the cd? In the web site they talk about a software included. Is there any and if so what is that software is about.

Thanks

B.
Benoit Séguin
Software Designer
Message 1 of 24
(4,891 Views)

Hi Benoit, 

The CompactRIO I/O Module Development Kit ( cRIO 9951 ) enables third parties, such as system integrators, alliance members, and individual users, to create the custom CompactRIO modules necessary to complete their system. In general the kit includes a manual that provides current, voltage and other electrical/echanical specifications that are required by C Series modules.  In addtion it also includes documentation on how to enable software development of Module Communication drives with LabVIEW FPGA and several examples for some current shipping modules like the NI 9263.  The CD that comes with the kit includes this information.

If your interested in talking about the cRIO MDK, defintiely get in contact with the Field Sales Engineer in your area as support for the cRIO 9951 is not through the Applications Engineers on NI Technical Support.  f you have general questions I can help out on this discussion forum, but for anything more specific please contact the area Engineer to get more assistance.

Regards,

Basset Hound

Message Edited by Bassett Hound on 05-23-2008 01:29 PM

Message Edited by Bassett Hound on 05-23-2008 01:34 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(4,884 Views)

I had my answer. I'ts impossible to find something that make a driver more professional like the one that NI provide. Ill make it like a can.

thanks

B.

Benoit Séguin
Software Designer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(4,876 Views)

Hi Benoit,

Did the above answer your specific question or did you get an answer from some other source? Just out of curiousity, what does the phrase " I'll make it like a can"  mean? 🙂 

Bassett

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(4,871 Views)
You tell me exactly the same thing that is writen in the web page.
I talk to somebody from NI and he tell me that he's gona talk to RND.
So there is nothing to help to do a more professional driver.
I'm gona make it as best as a can.
B.

Benoit Séguin
Software Designer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(4,866 Views)

Well, most likely the R&D Engineer you will be talking to is me :-).  I believe you had and SR open with an Engineer named Van. Definietly get in touch with your Field Engineer, Denys Tison, and we can setup a more formal communication. 

Your correct that the cRIO MDK is not like the MHDDK for DAQ devices where it helps Driver Development.  The cRIO-MDK is focused more on C Series Module development an the Communications from the FPGA to the module out of the 15 pin Dsub.

Hope that helps,

Bassett

Message Edited by Bassett Hound on 05-23-2008 02:01 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(4,861 Views)
Are they any way to develop a I/O node to make it easier for the user to program the module in FPGA.
I'm developping a driver for a new cRIO module that will be avalaible on the market soon.

Thanks
B.
Benoit Séguin
Software Designer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(4,810 Views)

Benoit,

Other than the tools provided in the MDK kit, there is not an easier method for creating IO for third party modules.  We are in the process updating the MDK support and would love any feedback you can give on the current support.  Please get in touch with your Sales Engineer and we can setup a more formal dialog.

Regards,

Basset Hound

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(4,796 Views)

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

I am developing a new custom cRIO board. I was not able to create a LEP file. When I click on FPGA as target, it takes me through some steps to set up a project where in I can add cRIO-generic to the slot-1. It then gives me DI/O lines like SPI_CLK, MOSI MISO etc. If I toggle any of these lines, will the actual pins on the D-sub connector toggle ?

Thanks, 

birapxi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(4,526 Views)

Any suggestions ??

Thanks, 

birapxi

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(4,479 Views)