From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-XNET Installation problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to install the labview environment on some tablets (Samsung Galaxy TabPro S), it works on some of them and don't on others : the NI-XNET installation is successfull in every case but nothing appears in the Measurment I/O section ... 

Moreover, the NI-XNET database editor is not available (same as in LabVIEW).

The version of Labview is 2017 64 bits, with NI-XNET 17.0 (I've tried with the 17.5, same result)

Do you have any idea with the behavior is not the same ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,022 Views)

Is XNET supported for 64bits LabVIEW? 

Is XNET supported on your platform?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,000 Views)

Hello !

Yes it is supported on 64 bits LabVIEW,

I have 2 identical platforms :

The first one has Labview 2016 32 bits and Labview 2017 64 bits, XNET is working on 2017 and XNET Database EDITOR can be launched.

The second one has Labview 2017 64 bits, same XNET installed but not found in the LabVIEW menu and can't find XNET Database EDITOR

info : I'm currently upgrading windows and LabVIEW ... just in case

info 2 : the NI-XNET folder is empty but the xnet.dll

info 3 : I may have found the answer. On the platforms where XNET Database EDITOR work, the XNET folder for 2017 just contain shortcuts to the LabVIEW 2016 32 bits folder. XNET Database EDITOR may require a 32 bits installation to be working first of all.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,992 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M.athieu.

SOLUTION :

- I uninstalled everything

- Installed LabVIEW 2016 32 bits

- Installed NI-XNET 16.1 (XNET Database Editor becomes available)

- Installed LabVIEW 2017 64 bits (Updated NI-XNET to 17.5 but didn't change a thing, so maybe not necessary)

- Copied and past eveything regarding NI-XNET from LabVIEW 2016 files and past them into 2017 folder.

It's pretty long but and not easy but seems to be the solution on my new platforms 😕

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,973 Views)

When you installed NI-XNET 17.5, did you make sure that you also installed support for LabVIEW 2017 64bit? 

You need to make sure that you install the support for the right LabVIEW versions that you need XNET to work with.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,951 Views)