LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Weather Station

Do someone know if the NI Austin Weather Station uses special ports to move data?, because I am behind a proxy and I am not able to see or control it.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,557 Views)
I don't remember which method is used but I think it is DataSocket, port 3015. If it is VI Server then it is port 3363.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,557 Views)
It does use DataSocket, port 3015. There's an example on NI's website which allows you to become a DataSocket client for the server. This link will take you to that example. Hope this helps.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,559 Views)
Thanks for the answer, then that is the reason why I can't access the Weather station....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,557 Views)
Thanks for the answer, then that is the reason why I can't access the Weather station...."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,557 Views)

Hello,

I apologize for this lame question in advance but am pretty new to all this data acquisition. I've started looking for some basic devices for weather station to log temp, wind speed/direction and solar radiation. Started off with David Vue/Proi2 through SecondWind/Nomad2 to NRG. All seemed to be limited in one way or another. Then, came across Campbell Scientific & NI gear and my jaw dropped when saw how custom systems you can build with these.

Would you recommend any particular NI device / setup & software for the follwing:

- real-time and periodic data logging (remote and cabled, samplic freq 1s - 10mins)

- wind speed and direction

- solar radiation

- temperature

- rain

Many thanks in advance,

David - Poland

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,722 Views)