LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Vision fps drops dramatically when displaying image on the front panel

I have NI Vision developement installed on my computer. I have USB RGB camera connected to my computer

When I use NI-MAX to inspect camera grabing image, it works perfectly. I set camera using NI-MAX and then save configuratin using "Save" in NI-MAX.

Then I open camera in labview VI using IMAQdx Open Camera.vi. Then in while loop I am grabing image and it works perfectly, fps = 500. Howewer when I try to display on the Image on the IMAQ image on the front panel fps drops dramatically to fps=1,6. The image format selected in NI-MAY is 160-120 MJPG.

How to speed up ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(591 Views)

the ideal solution is to decouple acquisition and display.

also, it doesn't make sense to try to display 500fps.. I mean if you have a gamers monitor, it will display max 120 Hz so trying to refresh an image display on the from panel in a loop that runs at 500Hz sounds a bit silly.

I don't have VAS and VDM anymore (I use to in my previous job) but I'm pretty sure you'll find examples in LabVIEW or on the forums.

Back in 2007 I had a project in which I was acquiring and processing continuously at 4000 fps, refreshing the display at 10Hz

So I'm pretty sure you can find a solution

Good luck to you

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(571 Views)

Hi AndrazS,

What is the resolution of your image ?

A high pixel resolution multiplied by the RGB data may rapidly increase the memory used to display the image.

Also, could you attach your VI where you tested your acquisition and display ?

You might be doing something non-optimal with the GUI to have such performance loss...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(548 Views)