LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Variable Engine not starting...

Working on a data acquisition project using a cRio 9041, and I'm trying to set up some shared variables. However the NI Variable Engine service isn't starting.  My problem seems to be similar to

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-t-get-Shared-Varaible-Engine-to-Start/td-p/2614319?profile.lang...

but the solution there doesn't work for me.  It says that the PSP Service Locator service has to be running, but when I try to start it I get the error "Windows could not start the NI PSP Service Locator service on Local Computer.  Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure." 

Logon failure???

NI Configuration Manager is running

When I try to start the NI Variable Engine, I get "Windows could not start the NI Variable Engine service on Local Computer.  Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Anyone have an idea why these aren't starting?  Or how I could get them to start?

J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,527 Views)

I got a same problem with the newly installed LabVIEW 2021 (64bit). My problem is fixed with following procedure.

Open Windows Services, right click "NI PSP Service Locator" service -> Properties -> "Log On" tab -> select "Local System account".

Apply and then start this service.

After that, start "NI Variable Engine" service. 

Message 2 of 2
(2,123 Views)