cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VISA Device Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I've created and installed NI VISA drivers for USB printer(Zebra GX430t) on windows 10, and it has installed successfully and running. But now I want to uninstall those drivers. Could anybody please let me how to do the same.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Govindparab

Call up NIPM and uninstall them.  Although VISA is such a basic driver that, unless you were uninstalling LabVIEW as well, you'd probably just end up installing it again.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 5
(1,346 Views)

@billko wrote:

Call up NIPM and uninstall them.  Although VISA is such a basic driver that, unless you were uninstalling LabVIEW as well, you'd probably just end up installing it again.

I don't think uninstalling NI-VISA is what they really want to do. I think they want to uninstall the LabVIEW Zebra printer "driver".

To the OP: Most LabVIEW "drivers" are just a set of LabVIEW vi's with the SCPI commands wrapped up inside (ZPL commands in the case of Zebra printers).

So all you really need to do is delete the directory in your instr.lib that contains the "drivers"

This being a printer there is probably a Windows printer driver component that you will have to uninstall using the standard Windows methods.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,339 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@billko wrote:

I don't think uninstalling NI-VISA is what they really want to do. I think they want to uninstall the LabVIEW Zebra printer "driver".

To the OP: Most LabVIEW "drivers" are just a set of LabVIEW vi's with the SCPI commands wrapped up inside (ZPL commands in the case of Zebra printers).

So all you really need to do is delete the directory in your instr.lib that contains the "drivers"

This being a printer there is probably a Windows printer driver component that you will have to uninstall using the standard Windows methods.

Stupid me.  Thanks for straightening me out.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,335 Views)

Thank you. I tried to uninstall device drivers from Device Manager as the NI VISA drivers are still installed and after reconnecting the printer to system it shows me as NI VISA device. So I uninstall LabVIEW and NI VISA and then uninstall device drivers from Device Managers. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,308 Views)