LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Scope query trigger status?

I am working on another LabVIEW based oscilloscope using a NI USB-5132 and NI-Scope.

Now every DSO I have used previously had some sort of indicator of the current state of the triggering subsystem. At least an LED or two to show "Armed" and "Triggered" states, maybe a "waiting for trigger" message on the screen too.

Modern DSO's with remote control options also have SCPI commands to query the triggering subsystem (TRG:STAT?)  and prefab LabVIEW VI's to do the same.

I can not find anything like this in NI-Scope to query the current state of the triggering subsystem. I can get Acquisition status but that is NOT the same thing, because an acquisition can be started but the scope can still be sitting there doing nothing waiting for a trigger. 

Is there a way to do this?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,260 Views)

I don't have a device in front of me to try this to see if it works, but if you put down a niScope property node, and select "Fetch ► Points Done" during an acquisition, I would imagine that it would stay at zero until the trigger occurs and then start counting up.  Can you try that?

Message 2 of 3
(2,232 Views)

Oh, that's a good idea. I will give it a shot come Monday

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,230 Views)