From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Scan Engine Wont Run

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am trying to deploy a program on the real time controller of a compactRIO. I decided to use scan mode for now. However, when I try to run my VI I get the following error:

One or more items in this deployment require the NI Scan Engine and corresponding I/O driver(s) to be installed.  Go to MAX to install.

If you continue to encounter this conflict, refer to the "Deploying and Running VIs on an RT Target" topic in the LabVIEW Help for information about resolving target deployment conflicts.

I have LabVIEW real time on my machine so I don't know what the reason for this is and I can not find under MAX where to install the scan engine (again I assume it is already installed).

I am using LabVIEW 8.6.1 and the modules I use on my cRIO-9073 are the 9477 DO module and the 9205 AI module. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pawel_Kowalski

Hi Pawel,

you have to install the NI RIO driver on you cRIO (but first in your PC). After that, go to the MAX and select your cRIO. There is a software point. Click on it and install the NI Rio driver on your cRIO. The newest version is 3.1.1.

You'll find it here.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,717 Views)

Thanks Mike, that makes sense; I only had 3.0.0 loaded on there. Installing now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,714 Views)

if I tried to install the software software at the NI Max

but it give error 

"The selected target does not support this function"

how to fix this error,

what problem with it

thank you

Msyafiq

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,136 Views)

It looks like you haven't assigned an IP address to your target. If you don't have a DHCP server running make sure you assign a free IP address that is on the same subnet as you are.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,114 Views)

Hi  

I have the same problem, I am trying to deploy a program on the real-time controller of a CompactRIO 9024. 

I wanted to use scan mode. However, when I try to run my VI I get the following error:

One or more items in this deployment require the NI Scan Engine and corresponding I/O driver(s) to be installed.  Go to MAX to install.

If you continue to encounter this conflict, refer to the "Deploying and Running VIs on an RT Target" topic in the LabVIEW Help for information about resolving target deployment conflicts.

I have LabVIEW real-time 2019 on my PC. I am using LabVIEW 2019, NI RIO 19.0 and CompactRIO 19.0 (May 2019) and also it is already installed NI Scan Engine 8.0.

I am using LabVIEW 2019 and CompactRIO 2019 and the modules I use on my cRIO-9024 are the 9425 DI module.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,327 Views)

Have you installed the correct drivers on the RIO? 
The RIO needs the correct drivers with the versions  for LabVIEW 2019 to be able to receive your code. 

Also what is your project settings for the RIO. In the project setting for the RIO you can setup the Scan Engine. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,293 Views)

Yes, I installed the correct drivers on RIO and setup the Scan Engine mode, but It doesn't deploy.

Finally, I figured out the start time of CRIO was in 2060, I sync the time of CRIO, then my project deployed. 👍👍👍👍

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,267 Views)