LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Requirements Gateway Rules Check

In lieu of an NI Requirements Gateway Forum, I'm using the LV forum for guidance (sorry). 

I was having a situation where my rules check showed that I had about 72 uncovered requirements.  I discovered that I was not using the "Add a Cover" line properly.  According to p38 of the NI Requirements Gateway User Manual, in section "Document Covered by Combination of Several Others" there is an AND/OR relationship among the documents depending on how the documents are connected.  Once I changed my diagram to an OR relationship, my uncovered count went from 72 to 1 in the Project Summary window.  However, in the Rules Check, I still see 72 Uncovered requirements.

Does anyone know why the tool would differ in what it displays in these two windows?  I

As far as the reported Uncovered, I've looked at case, extra spaces, spelling, style type, etc and I just don't see why it thinks the specified IDs are not covered.  I used the recommended Word syntax - Requirement_ID and [Covers:Requirement_ID], and the ID is of Style 'Requirement_ID'.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,528 Views)
mrbean,

I have noticed this happened one time when I did a similar task.  It looks like the Rules Check is not updating.  If you press Ctrl-F5, it will force the project to reload, and the problem goes away.  Let me know if this solves the issue for you.  I will report this problem to R&D.  Hopefully it is the same one you are seeing.

If this does not work, if you can post your project and neccesary files, it would help me debug it.

Also- although posting the NIRG question here is fine, we have unofficially designated the TestStand forum as the best place to post NIRG support questions.  NIRG is supported by the TestStand group at NI, so until NIRG generates enough forum traffic to warrant its own forum, that would be the "best" place to post future questions.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,510 Views)

That fixed my problem.  Awesome!  I will, in the future, post to the NI TestStand site. 

Is there something that explains when a RELOAD occurs, or what the definition of that is?  I expected a RELOAD to occur each time I start NIRG.  Is it custom to manually reload?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,506 Views)
A project is reloaded any time you make a change to a file in the project (modify a requirement document, etc...) or the project structure itself (add or remove a link, etc...).  When the project is opened, some information is retained about the state of the project, so not all of the documents are reloaded.  If a document has changed or needs to be reanylzed, NIRG will attempt to do so (after prompting).

Sometimes this process can be very time consuming (if you have very large requirements documents or thousands of VIs to parse for example), so we try to minimize when a load is done.  I am not sure why the Rules Check pane is not getting properly refreshed, but its something that we will look into for a future version.  If you do see something that you would expect to be updated, but isn't, occasionally NIRG doesn't notice that a file has changed or something has been modified.  Certain types do not provide information about when they are updated, so we don't know to reload it.  Forcing NIRG to reload all documents is a way to guarantee everything is up to date.

Allen P.
NI
Message 4 of 4
(2,502 Views)