LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX crashing

Hello,

I've been having problems with launching NI MAX. Right after launching MAX, I see the splash window with the description "Initializing...". Shortly after this, another window comes up with the following message

NI MAX has detected an unexpected internal warning. Visit ni.com/info and enter the info code MAXKnownException for more information.

In the details section of the window, I see the following:

The CniDMFuiProvider::Initialize plug-in caused an exception in the CmxExecutionThreadPool::DoWorkNonUI function in the MAX process.
See this file for details:
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\MAX\cfa87bbc-9467-4a1e-8425-a0f989b583d2\c97ebd86-9085-4d7e-8a21-c959fb281b93.dmp

I have attached the "dmp" file that is mentioned above as well as the summary log file present in that location as well. As far as troubleshooting, I've done the following

- restarted computer to see if behavior persists

- used "msconfig" to disable everything I could except for needed microsoft services at computer startup

- went into control panel and tried to do a repair on NI MAX

- went to "ni.com/info" and looked at the MAXKnownException information that was listed. In particular, the error message shown above doesn't match any of the Exceptions listed in that table.

Any ideas on what my next step should be?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,837 Views)
Can you try resetting the MAX Database and see if it helps?
Ref: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,781 Views)

This resolved the same problem I was having, thanks!

@udka wrote:
Can you try resetting the MAX Database and see if it helps?
Ref: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,459 Views)

Hi,

I've been having problems with launching NI MAX. The error message is same as the one mentioned earlier in this page. Right after launching MAX, I see the splash window with the description "Initializing...". Shortly after this, another window comes up with the following message

NI MAX has detected an unexpected internal warning. Visit ni.com/info and enter the info code MAXKnownException for more information.

In the details section of the window, I see the following:

The CniDMFuiProvider::Initialize plug-in caused an exception in the CmxExecutionThreadPool::DoWorkNonUI function in the MAX process.
See this file for details:
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\MAX\f158f83a-b988-48ef-b846-87e192b3e64f\9b754166-8ac4-47a6-8d62-c4b1b9dfbc00.dmp

I restarted the computer but it didn't work. Also, I can not try the solution in this link below, because that message pops out right after launching and then it freezes and you can go to the next steps.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

How can I reset the configuration. My software is version 14.5. Should I try uninstalling/reinstalling it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,519 Views)