LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX and Distributed System Manager Crash in LV 2019

Hi all,

I have a cRIO system, previously programmed using LabVIEW 2017, and has been running well. I have just installed LabVIEW 2019. Recently, there's a need to update the program. When I connect my PC to the cRIO and run NI MAX to sync with the new driver in my PC (go to Software >> Add/Remove Programs), NI MAX crashes. The error (some alien characters) can be seen in the attached image. However, when I do other things in MAX related to the cRIO, there's no issue. The same error popped up when I load the Distributed System Manager 2019 - it immediately shows the same error and then, crashes. I've tried uninstall and reinstall LabVIEW 2019 using the NI Package Manager twice but to no avail. 

Please let me know what's wrong and what do I need to do to fix this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,409 Views)

Some updates...

I've uninstalled the whole package (again) and only install the packages I currently need (LabVIEW, RT, FPGA and some processing modules/toolkit). No updates (from the web) were used, only from the USB drive that we got. With this, it is now working.

The question still remains, however, whether the updates corrupted something or I did something wrong while updating the program. Hope to hear something from you guys soon.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,322 Views)

hi,

I am also facing the same error during software installation in cRIO hardware and attached the NI max crash error screenshot for reference.

Could you please suggest some solution for the same. 

Thanks & regards,

Rajasekaran.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajasekaran V
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,291 Views)

I hate to say it, but that screenshot is useless.  It is mostly garbage characters.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,276 Views)

Yeah, I know but that's what I got when the error happened... Not much we can to change to something more meaningful. It is repeatable too - install Labview 2019 the whole package and then update via the Package Manager .. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,256 Views)