From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX, Ethernet and Wireless Adapters

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

On my PC I have a wireless adapter and an ethernet adapter.  Originally, I was using the wireless to communicate with Keysight's DAQ970As through TCPIP communication which was working well.  

Now, I would like to connect the DAQ970As  to an ethernet switch that connects directly to the PC.  I am unable to see the instruments DAQ970As on NI MAX unless I disable to the wireless adapter.  If I enable the wireless adapter again, the DAQ970As are not present in NI MAX anymore.  Is there a way to "tell" NI MAX to only look at devices connected to the Ethernet adapted (NIC card)?  I would like to have both adapters enabled.

Thank you very much, Natalie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(934 Views)

How do you connect to the device? Keysight created a DLL based driver for it that is supposedly accessed as VXI P&P device, although it seems to be pretty much command compatible to its predecessor Agilent HP3497xA so that you could also use the old LabVIEW drivers directly too instead.

If you access it through the new Keysight DLL driver the problem lies in the configuration in that driver that for some reasons wants to bind to the wireless network adapter. It's most likely something you need to reconfigure in the Keysight driver setup for this device. NI MAX simply access that driver and has nothing of its own to do with selecting how that driver should communicate with the device.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(893 Views)

Okay, thank you!  I will checkout the Keysight drivers.  However, I am not sure how to reconfigure it through the driver.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _natalie_

@_natalie_ wrote:

I am unable to see the instruments DAQ970As on NI MAX unless I disable to the wireless adapter.  If I enable the wireless adapter again, the DAQ970As are not present in NI MAX anymore.  Is there a way to "tell" NI MAX to only look at devices connected to the Ethernet adapted (NIC card)? 

Honestly this is a Windows routing issue.

Look into the Windows route command and set up a static route to your instrument that uses the proper NIC.

Or use a totally different subnet for your VX11 instruments.

If your WiFi network uses 192.168.0.x, set your instruments and Ethernet adaptor to use 192.168.1.x subnet and set both network masks to 255.255.255.0 

Windows should then automatically configure the routing tables to each NIC/subnet

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 5
(866 Views)

Thank you!  I just ended up connecting everything to the same NIC card through a switch and removed the wireless completely.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(857 Views)