From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx Deployement Problem

Hi,

I have a PC use as Real Time Target and I have created a task in my project to 
read a specific entry.
When i use the switch to change the value, i see the entry's value changing in MAX. i see the value changing too when i edit the task in the labview projet, But when i try to deploy labview say : Nothing to deploy.

the soft work 5 month ago. when the taget and the host was in ni daqmx version 9.5.0, now i pass then in 9.7.0.
i use Labview 2011

Can you help me please? don't hesitate if you need more information.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,316 Views)

Hello,

What PCI Cards do you have in your Real-Time PC?

How are you deploying the program?  Are you able to run the program on the development computer by just running the VI?

Can you deploy a simple program to your RT PC?

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,274 Views)

Hi,

I have 2 NI 6229 and 1 NI 6509 in my pc.

I try to deploy in two way: by clicking "deploy" on task and by running the VI. Both said nothing to deploy and don't start VI.

i can run a VI on the RT target if there is no task in the project. but if i create a task (but i don't use it in the VI) it say nothing to deploy and don't run the VI.

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,263 Views)

And if i move task and VI in the host. it's compiling and running without any problem (but of course the task's value don't change)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,257 Views)

Hello,

I am still a little confused on what is occurring.  The picture labeled Fail that has the DAQmx Task in the project shows "Deployment completed successfully."

Another cause could be the fact you are using a Dialog Button in your RT Application.  With RT VIs when they are deployed to the RT Target there is no Front panel Associated with them.  By just pushing run on the VI similar to what you are doing it does create a communication loop between the host computer and the RT VI.  Therefore let’s try to change the Dialog Function to a Boolean control and having an indicator for the number of iterations to ensure the VI continues to run.

Also can you take a screenshot of the error when it states there is nothing to deploy.

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,217 Views)

Hello,

As you can see (in the fail picture) the deployement completed successfully but when i press close, the VI don't run.

I can't see the number of iteration increase because it don't run except if i delete task in the RT project. 

if task are out of the project, i see the booleen changing and iteration number increase

I really don't understant what is the problem because when i try to create the task in the program it works (screenshot join). i don't know if it help you to understand the problem.

Regards,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,199 Views)

Hello,

We were unable to reproduce the behavior on my computer with LabVIEW 2011 and DAQmx 9.7.

Please try removing the database corruption by following this KB.

What operating system is on your host?

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,172 Views)

Hello everyone,

i'm having the same problem with my PXI 8110 and labview 2013. I'm using the PXI as real time target and my PC as host; everything works fine until i define a channel or a task.

I also tried the Reset Configuration procedure like suggested by Whit-E_Wall-E but it didn't work.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,103 Views)

I think the problem is related to the new DAQmx drivers (i'm using the 9.7.5 version), because the project worked well just a few months ago (with DAQmx 9.6).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,099 Views)

Hi johndoe88, 

This issue is a known issue that is being investigated.

There are a couple of workarounds that you can try:

1. Create the task in MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer)

2. Create the task in the VI, rather than the project, using the DAQmx functions or DAQ Assistant

It may also be worth a try to upgrade the DAQmx driver to the latest version (9.8) if it is compatbile with your hardware.

Best,

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 10 of 14
(3,055 Views)