LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQ problem

Hi my name is Arturo Cortes.

im having a problem with the NI-DAQ using the USB 6008 DAQ. I start my VI and program the inlet port for data adquisition and conect it to a wave graph, at first time it runs with out a problem and reads perfectly the voltage sings but when i stop the VI and run it again it generates an error, after that the VI wont work again, some time if I close the LABVIEW and wait like 15 mins and reopen the VI it runs propertly but only the first time, if I stop it an run it the same error come out. i traied to change the samples to read and the rate but doesn't work. also I try in another computer and the sema thing happend. here is the error that always came out.

I hope some can help me to cerrect it and take continuos samples without any problem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,593 Views)
Hello, I'm sending to you a helpful link. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/611475F9BE62881E86256FDC0062B1BB?OpenDocument Thanks. Best Regards
Luciano Borges
Test Development Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,568 Views)

OK, what you have goining on here is a simple control issue- you are not controlling your task.  when you start a continious acquisition task it starts filling the device memory with samples untill you stop the task.  If you don't read them the memory gets full and you get that error.  1 way to avoid this problem is to use the DAQmx functions to specifically controll the task and pass the data out of the acquisition loop on a queue for processing or display.

This snippet shows an example of controlling a task properly

exDAQAI.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,560 Views)

Hi mr.collins,

Based on the task working the first time and failing on subsequent iterations, this sounds similar to an issue that NI has identified when using the 6008/6009 with certain external USB hubs when used with an EHCI host controller on Windows Vista or 7 (CAR 282875).  Does this describe your setup?  I'd be interested to know the following:

1. What chipset/motherboard are you using?  A link to the computer specs would be ideal.
  2. What OS?
  3. How are you connecting your 6008/6009?
  4. What version of DAQmx?

Windows Vista introduced a EHCI driver re-write which we suspect (but have not confirmed) might be tied to this issue.  NI is looking into providing a workaround which would allow you to limit the number of outstanding requests via a DAQmx property node.

If you are not using a hub with Windows Vista/7 then please disregard my comment (although I'd still be curious to know the answers to the four questions posed above).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,542 Views)

hi Jhon

thanks for your interest, im using a lenovo V360 computer but I also try it on a Dell, both of them are laptops.

both have Windows 7 x64bit, the conection of the usb 6008 is via USB port and the DAQmx 8.8.0

thanks for your time and support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,527 Views)

sorry I forget to publish the specs of the lenovo computer.

http://www.drivershq.com/driver-update/graphics-video-adapter/intel/intel-r-q965-q963-express-chipse...

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,526 Views)

HI to all of you

today I try the Vi on a desktop that has windows XP, it works propertly but it pull out another issue. the VI is just a graph to show the voltage that the USB 6008 recives, i conect it to a variable power for testing but the graph keep moving on 0 volts only when the voltage input was over 1.8V it began to rise, i dont know why, i check the voltage input over the screws with a multimeter and always was a discrepansy bettwen the graph and the voltimeter. really I dont know why this is happening and also dont know how to correct it I hope you can help me.

THANKS and best regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,512 Views)

Sounds like you might have a wiring problem. You have not provided any information on how you have connected the signal to the DAQ device or how you have the device configured (i.e. RSE or differential).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,506 Views)