LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI CAN Terminal

Hi Eugene,

yap yours is best to check out the hardware and all the CAN environment.

mine is just basic stuff for a quick adoption to a specific application.

most likely a development helper for CAN-Bus devices.

as for me, i am pretty new to Labview, not new to CAN though.

Labview is a nice Tool. But not as quick a fix as you might think at first.

ps. it seems you have an own website for labview examples? in germany that is?

probably not a bad idea.

Message Edited by wrapper on 09-25-2008 06:27 AM
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,338 Views)

As you probably know, we changed our web domain name, so you will find this NI CAN Terminal under:

http://www.labviewportal.eu/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=121

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,258 Views)

hi eugen,

i'm trying to log the communication on the can bus with programm, but i'am not able to do this. I tried different thinks, but it won`t work.

How is the right using of your programm?

My can card is at the moment in an windows xp pc and i use the canopen library. I started my programm, where the canbus is initiated. After that i started your programm and tried to log something. This way doesn`t work.

Than i started your programm first and than my, but it also doest`n work. When i use the option "open interface" in your programm i get an error.

I don`t know what i should do. I need to log the Can messages. Please help me a little bit.

thanks, bexley

ps: wir können auch in deutsch reden. Kann es da besser verstehen als in englischSmiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,217 Views)

Unless I'm wrong, Eugen's CAN terminal is not compatible with CANOpen.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,212 Views)

Hi bexley!

I think you can't use two programms with one CAN card. Furthermore there are more APIs like Channel API and Frame API. My CAN Terminal uses Frame API to show and log incomming data from CAN as binary messages. If you initialize your CAN card withone programm it is no more available for other programms.

What is the error you get if you start only my terminal?

Gruß, Eugen

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,211 Views)

Hi there,

thanks for the replies.

@Eugen

If i start only the Terminal i get no error. The error happens when i run my programm and i try to log the CAN-Bus data. I did a picture of the error.

Which other possibility have i to log the data in binary form? I tried the NI Spy programm but this logs the Can massages in Frame API and i don't understand this. I know how i have to use the CANOpen library and i understand the Can messages in binary form.

thanks very much for your help.

gruss bexley

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,195 Views)
Hi! You can't use both VIs (yours and my) together. Close LabVIEW and than start only my Terminal. As first make the right settings like Baud Rate, than klick on the Open Interface Button. If you see the messages from CAN, than you can start logging into file.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,179 Views)

Hey Eugen, your programm works fine in that waySmiley Happy

The problem is that there are no messages on the Can bus (because my programm is not running) which can be logged by your programm.

Can i take your and my programm together and made one programm?

Mine will work with the CANOpen library and sends the specific commands to engine and yours work with the frame api and logs the messages on the bus, so that i can analyse them and hopefully find out why the engine isn't doing what i want.

Is this possible, also for an labview newbie like me?

gruss bexley

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,176 Views)