From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-CAN Driver support missing

Hello,

I am trying to open a VI that is using some NI-CAN VI but I always have the same error showing up : NI-CAN Driver support for LabVIEW 2017 missing. Do you know what more I should install?

Moreover I am completely new with this kind of communication, I am already communicating with the machine using the VISA Driver of LabVIEW and a USB cable. Do I need anything more to use the CAN Driver?

Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,422 Views)

Normally in this case I'd suggest a repair install of NI-CAN but the NIPM doesn't have a repair option.  You can try to uninstall, and then reinstall NI-CAN, or install a newer version of NI-CAN.  Typically a toolkit like NI-CAN will support that version and then several versions older of LabVIEW.  So NI-CAN 17.0 will support 17, 16 and probably 15 of LabVIEW.  Check the documentation to make sure a toolkit supports what you need.

What may have happened is NI-CAN was installed, and then LabVIEW 2017 was installed.  When NI-CAN is installed it will look on the system for IDEs that it supports and add support to it.  But if LabVIEW was installed after the toolkit it won't have support for it.  Performing a repair (or uninstall reinstall) will add it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,397 Views)

Thank you for your answers but I already tried to uninstall and re install it. Moreover, I am using LabVIEW 2017 and NI-CAN 17.0 that are compatible, I think. I also install LabVIEW before trying to install NI-CAN Driver. I don't know if it help, but I install NI-DAQmx and it is working well.

Thank you for the link you gave me. I will study them.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,355 Views)