LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9881 module, MAX can't find the CANopen port.

Do I have to use FPGA? I'd prefer using the Real-Time system.

There is power at Pin 9, I measured it multiple times with a multimeter. It's 23.7 V so that should be alright. 
I found the tab in MAX, where I got the CANopen Interface, so thats correct in the the Interface Create VI. And even with the 23.7 V there's an error saying the transceiver got no supply voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(576 Views)

Hey guys,

I have the same problem using a 9045 controller and the 9881 module for CanOpen communication. I'm using a windows 10 system with LabView 2018 32bit, Real-time 2018, NI-cRIO 18 and the NI-Industrial Communication 18.0. The newest version of the Communication driver which is available online is 20.0. The power supply (24 VDC) is connected to Pin 9 and 6 of the 9881 module. The two LED of the module are off. I bought the whole system 6 month ago.

I can see the module in MAX. But not in the right way I think. See Picture 1.

I tried to run an example vi like "CANopen Read Write CAN Frame.vi" (Picture 2).I just opened th vi not the porject data. I changed the baudrate to 250 kbit/s due to the fact that my other CanOpen devices are running at this baudrate. Do I have to change the node ID?

Running the vi I got the error message picture in picture 3. The device cRIO 9116 cant't be found. Off course - I'm using a cRIO 9045. Where can I change this setting?

I opened the project folder as well. See picture 4. How can I replace the default device 9116 with my cRIO 6045.

Can someone support me and the other people to run the CanOpen module?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(551 Views)

Hi Stefan,

@stef_an wrote:

I tried to run an example vi like "CANopen Read Write CAN Frame.vi" (Picture 2).I just opened th vi not the porject data. I changed the baudrate to 250 kbit/s due to the fact that my other CanOpen devices are running at this baudrate. Do I have to change the node ID?

Did you read the comment on the top of the front panel? There it says: "change the NodeID to the slave ID"…

When you want to communicate with a slave (aka your other device) then you need to supply its CANopen ID!

@stef_an wrote:

Running the vi I got the error message picture in picture 3. The device cRIO 9116 cant't be found. Off course - I'm using a cRIO 9045. Where can I change this setting?

I opened the project folder as well. See picture 4. How can I replace the default device 9116 with my cRIO 6045.

The example is made for a "rather generic" target. You need to replace the target to your own cRIO.

(Or you duplicate the code to your own project.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(548 Views)