LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9237 properties in Labview project error

Hello,

I am trying to use A NI-9237 force bridge module with a cRIO-9063. It is working as a RT resource, but I wanted to adjust the internal excitation voltage up from the 3.3V it is stuck at. Since the cards don't appear in NI max I tried adjusting the properties in the labview project window as I've done with the thermocouple and 4-20 modules with no issues.

I only get this error when trying to open properties on the NI-9237 card, the properties open as normal for the NI-9203 and NI-9208 cards.

NI-9237 Properties error.PNG

It also appears to try to find one or more programs/VIs before the unusable properties window above appears with the error.

Search when opening Properties.PNG  

I have tried updating the NI-DAQMX drivers to version 19.6 as I am using Labview 19 but get the same error still.

Not sure if I need to Upgrade or downgrade the DAQMX Drivers at this point.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(909 Views)

Hi,

I am currently facing the exact same error with the same module type. Did you by any chance happen to figure it out?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(518 Views)

What is your LabVIEW and NI-compactRIO driver version?

cRIO-9063 does not support NI-DAQmx thus NI-DAQmx version has nothing to do with it.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(510 Views)

Labview is 2023/Q3, Compact Rio Driver is also 2023/Q3.
We are using a Rio 9149, but with the NI 9237 Bridge module as they did. Results are exactly as their screenshots.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(508 Views)

Hi David,

@davkra05 wrote:

I am currently facing the exact same error with the same module type.

The cRIO906x does not support DAQmx (AFAIK).

In the screenshot you also see the module placed as "Scan Engine" resource: use the ScanEngine functions to read measurement data…

Too late with my reply, but: the NI9149 most probably does not support DAQmx as well (judging from its age)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(507 Views)

Thats correct, also for the 9149. We are trying to use it in scan mode, but we have to configure bridge completion and excitation voltage, therefore we need the options dialogue.

It seems like some .vi is missing, but I can't figure out which package/driver etc. it could belong to.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(501 Views)

No, I did not have any luck figuring out why that one options menu never worked.

I did find a work around setting a device property in the program startup though.
You can also set data rate and individual half bridge settings for inputs.

ExciteVoltageWorkaround.png

Message 7 of 8
(474 Views)

Yup, the original problem had nothing to do with DAQmx. Labview is missing a .vi for the Crio-9233 submenu which is what opens when trying to adjust settings for the realtime module.

Reading from the module works fine, and every other module has a working properties menu that opens. Just NI-9237 (and I'd assume related cards in the 923x) do not have a working properties menu.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(464 Views)