LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9207 connection problem

Hello, guys.

I meet some awful troubles about connection on NI 9207.

First of all, I tried using oxygen sensor for my study. But i even don't know how can i connect which line to which port of NI 9207.

Posted picture No.1 is sensor's specification. It is showing "Output at 0% O₂" telling 0.3±0.2mV and "Sensitivity" telling 12-13mV in 21% O₂.

I understand that sensor will show analog output voltage. So i setted DAQmx like signal read →  Analog read → Voltage → and select channel.

Then made VI (No.3 picture) and connected sensor line to NI 9207 port. 

But problem occured.

Problem 1) Although i tested well ventilated room, sensor's mV value too low like 1.9 mV.

It is totally different with sensor's specification.

Problem 2)When i touched sensor's body, mV was up to 5 mV.

So i though i have connecting problem.

No.2 picture is sensor's wire color.

Red wire is high side of differential channel. i connected that line to AI0+ port of NI 9207.

Black wire is low side of differential channel. i connected that line to AI0- port.

Green wire is 12V port and white is ground. So i connected that line with 12v supply machine.

But problem is now... 

I don't know what port to connected with clear wire which is analog ground(shield wire).

I never met this line before. I don't know clearly that line.

So i connected that line to COM port of NI 9207.

And this sensor has thermocouple for reference.

So i connected thermocouple's yellow line to AI2+ and red one is connected AI2-.

I though the reason oxygen sensor not work well is because of line connecting problem.

So i wonder

1) which color line have to connect with which NI 9207's line.

2) What is clear line;analog ground(shield wire).

3) Should i connect this green, clear, and white line?

4) In this sensor, there are two anaolg read line one is sensor read and other is thermocouple. Then, should i made 2 DAQmx in same VI? Actually, i dont need to read temperature. Maybe, if im right, that thermocouple is for reference of Oxygen concentration.

5) What should i do for work well next...?

I know this type of question is really hard to understand and i have to post this question to sensor company's website Q&A. But i have no time to wait there answer and I experienced having really helpful solves. So i posted it.

Please help me out guys.

*Picture

No1: Sensor spec

No2: Sensor wire color spec

No3: My VI

No4: NI 9207 port.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,717 Views)

Hi pizza,

- you might use COM for analog ground wire as is described in the 9207 manual…

- to check your NI9207 module and your VI you can replace the sensor signal by a simple AA battery giving you a ~1.5V signal (or ~1.2V for a NiMH accumulator). This way you can make sure your DAQ setup is working and maybe the sensor has a problem…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,678 Views)

One item I noted on your BD- you have the min/max range set to -/+10V.

For this millivolt signal you need to decrease those to a smaller appropriate range (depends on what the 9207 supports).

Doing so will increase your resolution.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,658 Views)

Thank you for reply.

I use COM port for analog ground. But im confused, cause i heard that COM port is used for Digital input ground. Could i use COM line for analog input ground? Although already i have negative line with black colored wire.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,538 Views)

Hi pizza,

@pizzanews wrote:

I use COM port for analog ground. But im confused, cause i heard that COM port is used for Digital input ground. Could i use COM line for analog input ground?

Where did you hear that?

And why don't you trust the datasheet you got from NI for your module? It explains the usage of the COM pins, even with schematics…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,305 Views)