LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9205 differential inputs read by FPGA IO node

Hi all,

So I have a cRIO with several C series modules one of which is a NI 9205 AI. I want to configure the 9205 with 16 differential inputs, (read by the FPGA). I am a bit confused as to what channels to actually read in the IO node when the channels are differential. From the datasheet it looks like the channels I should be reading in my FPGA IO node are: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.

Is this correct?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,338 Views)

That looks correct to me.  You may need to use a module property node to set the inputs to be differential or it might be set up in the project.  I would have to try an experiment to make sure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,334 Views)

Thanks crossrulz,

I have indeed modified the module channel configuration in the project. Interesting, it is not possible to set, for example, AI8 to DIFF mode, which does confirm my suspicions.

Unfortunately I have the cRIO and module, but not connector block so I cannot easily get a test signal into my system to check this out.

What I have tested is that it is possible to generate FPGA code that reads all 32 channels, i.e. AI0..31 even though some are configured as differential. I have no idea what is measured if I try and read AI8. The output looks very similar to my other channels which have nothing connected to them at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,321 Views)