LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 845x USB: Error -301713 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in General I2C Read.vi

Hello,

I am currently working  with digital accelerometer LIS35DE from ST Microelectronics. I want to start with tests of this device. For that purpose I used NI 845x USB to connect with accelerometer via I2C. Unfortunately, when I made electrical connections and set up parameters of communication and run the program (I found it in examples) the following error occured:

Error -301713 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in General I2C Read.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-845x:  An input parameter, or combination of parameters, is invalid. An example of this error may be setting an invalid baud rate or enabling I2C ACK polling while using 10-bit addressing.

The code can be found in attachements. I couldn't find any extended description of this problem. What could be a problem: incorrect device address, register address, configuration parameters?

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,179 Views)

Hi MicMac89!

First of all could you please post which version of LabView are you using?

Could you please tell me which version of 845X hw are you using? (8451 or 8452)

I opened the example you attached. As you wrote the error occurs at the second argument of the property node. (I guess this is the first property node where the error occurs.)

This argument of the property node enables the onboard pull-up resistors. But not all NI-845x hardware support pull-up resistors. (Because of this is important to know which hw version are you using.)

Did you try the example with disabling the pull-up resistors?

I suggest you to go through the Manual of this product, (if you did this not yet) This could make it clear where and when to use what kind of pull-up resistors.

For example: If you are using 8452, you must enable pull-up resistors, for Vref ≤ 1.8 V for the FPGA to properly detect a low-to-high transition

Manual: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371746d.pdf

HW specification: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/290598a.pdf

Please post if my suggestions helped. Of course if you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them.

Best regards, 

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,160 Views)

HI MicMac89!

Did you manage to try out my suggestions?

Do you still receive errors?

Please mark if your problem is solved.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,144 Views)