From 08:00 PM CDT Friday, August 12 - 01:00 PM CDT Saturday, August 13, ni.com will be undergoing system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET

Hi!

We used self-written .Net Assembly (using .Net 4.0) with LabView 2010. It worked well. Now I have updated LabView to 2013 and can't open the assembly with a rather unclear error (s. attachment). What must I do to use our assembly with LabView 2013? What has changed in this aspect? I attach the error, which I get tryin to open the assembly creating a .Net object with LabView 2013 and the "normal " view as I get it with LabView 2010.

thank you in advance for your ideas and suggestions!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,979 Views)

Did you try to unblock the assembly?

Tip: In Windows 7 or later, you also can right-click the assembly and click Unblock on the General tab to grant an assembly full trust.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4742EB60B64BE22186257BCE0053B8FD

Message 2 of 3
(1,951 Views)

Thank you very much, Jean-Marc! It is an interesting solution and I'll note it. In the mean time I applied the similar method - creation of the labview.exe.config - with a different content: 

<?xml version ="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319"/>
</startup>
</configuration>

I fount it in the "Help" of LabView and it works. They say, that LabView 2013 loads CDL 4.0, possibly our assambly was created with CDL 2.0 - this configuration script allows to use the older version of the CDL. 

I'll try your suggestion too in order to check if it also works.

Thanks and bye

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,929 Views)