cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET property nodes memory leak? Labview 2011

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using .NET property nodes in labview to get the title of the page I have open in windows internet explorer actively, meaning I have it doing this in a while loop until I tell it to stop. I pulled up the windows task manager and in the processes tab I saw the memory being used by labview climb while the program is running. The only thing I can think of is that I am not closing my references correctly, but I have tried multiple ways and have not been able to stop this phantom memory increase. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is occuring and is there anyway to prevent this from occuring? I have attached my vi. I really would appreciate any help with this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mouseman

You should close the references in the reverse order that you opened them  So the close to the upper right should be moved to after the loop to the left.  Then make sure you wire up all your error wires.  The error wires will pass through the inner loop and will guarantee the execution order of the various nodes.

The other thing is you are doing this very rapidly in a loop.  Why do you need the outer loop?  If you do, then you should put in a wait statement because it appears to be a greedy loop right now.

Message 2 of 3
(2,295 Views)

Thank you. I have been able to slow it down significantly now. Yes I do need the outer loop because the inner loop is essentially my subvi in another program that is inside a while loop of my main vi. I added two waits to the program and only lost minimal functionality. I was also thinking about using the Request Deallocation Function in the subvi, but it did not stop the memory increase even when I added a wait function to my main vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,273 Views)