From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET picturebox convert to LabView image

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks but no. It is not related to the 32/64 issue. So that was not helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,070 Views)

Good to know that you still have not bothered to post a real VI.

So that was not helpful.

And if you code only works if we have to install other software, then I suggest that you make it easy for people by including it. I won't spend time searching for it.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,063 Views)

Pseudonym,

You are not adding anything to this discussion. The code needs hardware attached. I tried integrating Hoovah's code and am still trying to get it to work. The 32 bit 64 bit issue you reference is no longer an issue. Your just being an **bleep** to hear yourself talk. I wish this forum has a block option.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(2,056 Views)

1.  I actually have a lot of experience with .NET not as much as with others here but more than you.

2.  I have just recently integrated memory mapped files from .NET Framework into an older LabVIEW program.

3.  In your situation, without a VI, everybody else will be guessing. And if you enjoy wasting time, that is a bonus.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(2,045 Views)

For those not having the needed Lavbiew Version and so can't open the net-picturebox.vi:

An "Invoke node" is used. The "invoke node" needs to be "linked" to "picture box"

GybrushThreepwood_0-1579508492890.png

Then the Method "Get image" is available:

GybrushThreepwood_1-1579508547352.png

Hope it helps sombody..

Thanks for the original post! 🙂

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,973 Views)

For the first question in this thread the solution is also provided by the IDS ueye .NET driver:

use: Camera .Net handle --> Memory invoke node--> get active memory --> Memory invoke node-->  copy Memory from reserved meory ID to array --> close invoke

GybrushThreepwood_0-1579519652752.png

This is an alternative to copying it from the picture box.

You need to set the color mode and then shape the array based on the known size to your needs e.g. 2D array or picture etc..

Hope it helps..

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,962 Views)

Thanks, that looks basically like what I ended up doing. I come across several things that weren't clearly documented by Thorlabs. I am thinking I should post the specific answers here. When I get a chance to get back on that computer I will update this. 

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,949 Views)