LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Constructor Nodes give Error 1 when used in existing project instance

I have a service request pending with NI but while I'm waiting I'm going to ask the community.

In existing projects I'm not able to use .NET constructor nodes, as I receive "Error 1" (see 1st screenshot) every time I run the containing VI. I can create a new VI in the Main application instance and the constructor nodes work fine. I can also create a new project (or load a small existing project that probably doesn't have any .NET calls) and I can use the .NET framework through constructor nodes. But I get the error once I try the same code in my larger project instance(s). This occurs with several (any?) of the Assemblies under the Select .NET Constructor window (including System and some NI assemblies). Even if the constructor node is the only node in my block diagram, it gives this error.

I'm stuck.

Edit: I just noticed that under a different existing project, I see a completely empty list of Assemblies under Select .NET Constructor (see 2nd screenshot). Both of the projects worked well under LabVIEW 2013 on my older laptop.

LabVIEW 2017 Professional Development System 17.0f2 (32-bit)

Windows 10 x64, up-to-date

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,571 Views)

I believe I have solved my problem. I recently started using git SCC and I was using LV_TortoiseGit from the following link:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Git-User-Group/Labview-Tortoise-Git-Integration-LV-TortoiseGit-v0-8-1-1/gpm...

I'm not sure why, but it seems it was causing problems locating .NET assemblies (including core libraries)! I am switching to Mercurial and I'm not seeing the errors I was getting with git.

More testing is warranted, but so far I'm back in business.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,544 Views)